Monday, October 15, 2012

It's a year


I was never very fond of calendars. They order you, as if they were superior. They tell you when the fall begins and when the year ends.
Fall never really starts with the calendar.
And for each one of us, the year ends at a different time. Just think about it. When does your year end?
Mine ended just now. A year from the first post here. A year from the first thing I've written. 

I remember it. I felt strange. It was peculiar. I sobered up after a week of being constantly drunk and I was trying to pull my shit together.

Philosophy says that beauty loses its wonder when it's repeated.
I have no worries though; beauty can never be exhausted.
We don't create. We have never created anything. Big Bang created everything. Or god did - whatever floats your boat. Humans are given the power to rearrange what there already is
To give it a meaning.
What represents this more than writing?
There are two things one does when being confronted with extreme uneasiness of being. If one goes through an existential crisis they're almost sure to fall into one of these categories: either they start to appreciate the wonderfulness of being with all its small components or they isolate themselves from feelings and sensations higher than they themselves are.
I never did go through a crisis and all the troubles I had I caused myself. But I want to fall into the first category nevertheless.
Aesthetics is important.

Aesthetic means pretty.
Meaning is more important.
Meaning means beautiful.

Let’s face one thing; we will never find the Truth.
But we’re getting closer and closer every generation.

Plato had a huge obstacle in finding the Truth because he lived before Newton. He had more to discover than to learn.
To be honest, though, I like it that way. It feels strange to know that someone, somewhere, before myself, must have had the same thoughts like I do. They probably wrote them down too. Maybe I should just read more instead of writing. But why would I do that? I’m enjoying myself far too much.

So there I go, towards another year. Let’s try to live up to this one. It’s gonna be a challenge but, oh boy, don’t I love these!



No comments:

Post a Comment